Discipline Support Module - SUP
This course is designed to assist coaches, leaders and paddlers who want to gain more knowledge about the specialist discipline of Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP). The course is a mix of theory and practical activity to ensure everyone has time to try things out.
By the end of this workshop participants should have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Provide an insight into current SUP development including the role of British Canoeing, BSUPA, ASI and AALS
- Introduce the different types of equipment including the issues of equipment design, size and modification to suit all individual requirements
- Provide a background to the various disciplines within SUP paddling and the specific techniques that apply to each
- Provide a fun and informative way of using practical based coaching techniques to improve students understanding of SUP on Sheltered water, enabling the coach to build solid background for paddlers to progress into their chosen area of SUP.
- Reinforce the transferability of technique and skill between other paddlesport disciplines and SUP
Those wishing to attend the module need to be:
- A British Canoeing Member
Who this course is for: Anyone interested in deepening their knowledge of SUP.
Duration: 1 day courses
Cost: £80 inclusive of certification fees.
Other Options: Want to get into Coaching? Have you considered the Coach Award? Have you considered the Paddlesports Instructor Award?
Activity Dates, Availability and Booking:
Click on the activity dates below for more details, availability and details of how to book your place. Additional activities are run by arrangement. Please contact us for more information or to arrange an additional date.
There are no activities in the selected category. Please contact us on email@example.com for additional dates.