Hire a Canoe, Sit on Top Kayak or Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) from us.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions we are operating a limited Hire Service. Please note that all Hire must be pre-booked and paid for online - you will be turned away if you arrive without a valid booking. Please also note the following important COVID-19 information:
- - We are protecting staff and customers by following the latest government Guidance for COVID-19
- - Please can only 1 person from each booking/party come to reception with your booking details
- - We won't be offering indoor changing rooms but we will have a roofless marquee available for open air changing - please come in the clothes that you will be paddling in.
- - From Mon 7th September wetsuits will be available to hire for an additional £2.50. Payment is to be made on the day via card.
- - Only one trip to the toilet will be permitted per group member
- - If you fail to turn up for your allotted time no refunds will be made
- - Please arrive 15 minutes before your booking start time to allow us to get you on the water in good time.
- - Please do not come on site if you or a member of your group have any COVID-19 symptoms
- - WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING BOOKINGS FROM 'TIER 3' HOUSEHOLDS BASED ON CURRENT GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES.
Hire will be offered on an hourly basis only.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does the hire price include everything we need to get onto the water?
Yes. SUP and canoe hire includes buoyancy aids and paddles. Sit on Top kayak hire include buoyancy aids, helmets and paddles.
How many people can fit in an Open Canoe?
Open canoes are designed for two adults and a small child.
What is a Sit on Top Kayak?
These kayaks are open topped which means they are super safe. They are designed to be self emptying so you will get a wet bottom while out on the water.
Why are Tandem Sit on Top Kayaks and Mega SUPs for same household groups only?
Current social distancing guidelines cannot be maintained on both of these types of craft with mixed household groups.
What is the minimum age you allow on the water?
We have lifejackets for all ages. All under 8s must be directly supervised by an adult in either an Open Canoe or Tandem Sit on Top Kayak.
Do you have wetsuits available for hire?
Yes, from Mon 7th September wetsuits will be available to hire for an additional £2.50. Payment is to be made on the day via card, pre booking is not available. Wetsuits available on a first come first served basis.
Can I book for more than an hour?
Yes. Simply add the next available time slot to your order to extend your hire.
When I checkout is the 'Quantity' for number of people going on the craft?
No. The 'Quantity' is for selecting how many craft of that type you wish to hire. For example if hiring an Open Canoe for two people you only need to keep the 'Quantity' as 1.
Can I book a range of different craft for hire?
Yes. Simply add the different craft required to your order.
Why is the last hire at 3pm-4pm?
Due to the requirements for cleaning kit and the centre we are having to manage this process. It may be after we've tried this a few times we can extend the times that hire is available.
Please select the craft that you want to book on the allotted dates and times below or alternatively view our activity calendar - they are split into Open Canoes, Single Sit on Top Kayaks, Tandem Sit On Top Kayaks, SUPs and Mega SUPs.
There are no activities in the selected category. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional dates.