Here at Tittesworth Water Sports Centre, a British Canoeing Accredited Centre, we offer a large range of British Canoeing Courses and Qualifications, so whether you're just starting out in paddlesport or looking to develop your coaching there's something here for you.
New for 2019, the Personal Performance Award scheme provides the support and encouragement to paddlers to get out and go paddling. The initial awards encourage paddlers to develop their understanding in any craft such as canoeing, kayaking and Stand Up Paddleboarding, with paddlers 'specialising' at the Performance Award stage in one or more disciplines.
We currently provide the following British Canoeing courses:
- Paddle Start - taster sessions in canoes, kayaks or Stand Up Paddleboards
- Paddle Discover - discover more about a craft of choice whether it be canoes, kayaks or Stand Up Paddleboards
- Paddle Explore - explore your chosen craft further - in canoes, kayaks or Stand Up Paddleboards - and become an accomplished paddler in a sheltered water environment
- Sheltered Water SUP (Stand Up Paddleboar) Award
- Canoe Award
- White Water (Kayak) Award
- Progressive White Water (Kayak) Award
- Touring Award
- Open Water Touring Award
- Multi-day Touring Award
- Stand Up Paddleboard Discipline Support Module
We also deliver the Foundation Safety and Rescue Training course, which is a fundamental one day safety and rescue training course which in our view every paddler should have under their belt! And if you're looking to move into coaching we also offer Paddlesport Instructor and the new Coach Award courses which will develop your coaching skills and allow you to coach others in a safe and fun way!
Have a look at the courses we provide and if you can't find what you're looking for, or course dates that suit you, please feel free to contact us with your current experience levels along with your requirements and we'll put together a tailor made coaching or guiding proposal to meet your individual needs and requirements.