Here at Tittesworth Water Sports Centre, a British Canoeing Accredited Centre, we offer a large range of British Canoeing Courses and Qualifications, so whether you're just starting out in paddlesport or looking to develop your coaching there's something here for you.
The new Star Award scheme provides the support and encouragement to paddlers to get out and go paddling. The initial awards are generic, encouraging paddlers to experience the various disciplines of paddlesport available such as canoeing and kayaking, with paddlers 'specialising' at the Three Star Award in one or more disciplines.
The emphasis of these initial awards is to develop personal skills in a range of craft before progressing in a specific discipline in one or more craft. The Star Award Scheme best suits paddlers aged 16 and over.
We also offer the Paddlepower and Paddlesport Start awards. Paddlepower is an exciting scheme that has been designed to meet the needs of young people. Its colourful and youth centred approach aims to:
- Encourage more young people to come into and stay in the sport
- Provide progression and reward achievement in a wide range of topics
- Show them all aspects of the sport – both competitive and adventurous
- Provide signposts into Clubs where their skills and development can be nurtured
- Provide a flexible structure for delivery according to venue/situation
- The scheme has recently been revised and now comprises 5 Awards to support a young paddler’s introduction and progress in Paddlesport.
The Paddlesport Start Award is designed to provide a framework for a paddlers first session. It is very much an encouragement award and can be used by coaches who offer taster sessions, or as a first session of a series. It is an adult version of Paddlepower start.
We currently provide the following British Canoeing courses:
- Paddlepower and Paddlesport Start
- 1 Star training and assessment
- 2 Star training and assessment
- 3 Star WW Kayak training and assessment
- 3 Star Canoe training and assessment
- 3 Star Touring (Kayak) training and assessment
- Paddlesport Leader training and assessment
- White Water Kayak Leader training and assessment
- Stand Up Paddleboard Discipline Support Module
We also deliver the Foundation Safety and Rescue Training course, which is a fundamental one day safety and rescue training course which in our view every paddler should have under their belt! And if you're looking to move into coaching we also offer Paddlesport Instructor and the new Coach Award courses which will develop your coaching skills and allow you to coach others in a safe and fun way!
Have a look at the courses we provide and if you can't find what you're looking for, or course dates that suit you, please feel free to contact us with your current experience levels along with your requirements and We'll put together a tailor made coaching or guiding proposal to meet your individual needs and requirements. Our full range of current courses and dates can be seen here.
To book your place please complete and return our Booking Form along with your course deposit of £50. Please ensure that you read the Terms and Conditions of your booking. Group discounts and multi course booking discounts are available - please contact us for more information.